Things to know before you arrive
It is important to be prepared for this trip so that you can make the most of it.
What to Bring
Aside from a keen sense of adventure and excitement to get on the water, below are the key items you should have for your tour:
- A set of bathers or clothes you are happy to get wet.
- Towel and change of clothes for after the trip
- Any personal medication (if required ie. Ventolin, Epipen, heart medication, etc.)
- Shoes with a heel strap. If you don't have this, don't worry as we can also provide river shoes at a small cost if you forgot to pack your own, or are travelling light on your visit to Tasmania.
What we provide
We provide all the necessary equipment and clothing to keep you safe and warm while out on the water. Bring your own wetsuit if you prefer.
- Helmet and Personal Floatation Device (PFD)
- Wetsuit, fleece and splash top. Tassie rivers are cold! We provide all the necessary equipment to keep you warm, or if the sun is out, make you not think twice about jumping in for a swim.
- Dry bag. We provide a dry bag per boat in case you wish to carry an extra snack, water bottle or camera on your trip.
- A hot drink and snack for half way down the river.
- A knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide to make your trip memorable.
What to expect: * take note that this is just a guide, please find your exact start time on your booking
Below is a rough outline of what to expect when coming on a Twin Rivers Rafting experience,
- arrive at Tahune Adventures Visitor Centre ticket window.
- Meet your guide and fellow guests
- Time to get geared up and ready for the trip – leave your keys behind!
- Hop on the bus and head to the put-in.
- Safety briefing and introduction to the river
- Depending on the water level, introduction to a suitable raft for conditions (2 – 6 person rafts are available).
- Hop on the river and start exploring!
- Stop for a snack break, enjoy exploring for fossils, hear about the history of piners or get dunked in the 'washing machine'.
- Continue under the Swinging Bridge and meet the Huon River
- Arrive at the Tahune Bridge take-out
- Get changed and enjoy a hot drink or late lunch at the cafe
- Don't forget to check out the AirWalk or Eagle Hang Gliding!